- It is a thoroughly undemocratic party that runs on the whims and fancies of one person. Sonia Gandhi has to balance the regional Congress satrapies. Left has to balance the district lobbies. Mamata Banerjee doesn't have any such needs. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and it is already showing.
- Since nobody inside her party can criticize her, she has asked the Left to not ask questions for 10 years. Should the people of West Bengal be silent for 10 years as well? Pray, for what?
- Notice her deep-seated desire to be "seen" as an administrator, which is good if planned. But, she, in her eagerness, doesn't care for any principles of governance. She has been embarking on projects that'll "market" her well. Such superfluous preoccupations will continue even after her party comes to power.
- Notice on her ambiguity: in speech after speech, she would "hint" at Left sabotaging the railways. Nowhere she presents proof.
- How feasible is her assertion that government will not have any role to play in facilitating land acquisition? What would stop the Left to plant a mole in all all proposed acquisition areas and ask the person to keep refusing offers, almost exactly the same thing she has been doing?
Friday, November 12, 2010
Why I Say No To Trinamool
Why do I need to bother if Trinamool comes to power? I used to think that what can be worse and all. It seems Trinamool will be worse.